Rule #4: Be Honest
Men are awful at lying. Women know this. Donâ€™t tell her that your Ferrari is in the shop, or that you just settled a big case in court today, when one look at your shoes can tell her that your Pinto is parked outside with a pizza delivery sign on top. Tell the truth. She might like you anyway.
If youâ€™ve followed the first three rules, you wonâ€™t have too much trouble impressing women. Getting caught in a lie is a really good way to ruin your chances with that hot secretary on the 3rd floor. Believe me; she knows how much money you make.
There are other compelling reasons to be honest:
- If you tell her how much you actually hate it, she is less likely to try dragging you to an opera.
- It is much easier to keep your stories straight.
- If you tell her that you are crying because youâ€™ve just stuck your finger in your eye during that sappy chick flick she insisted on seeing, sheâ€™s just going to think youâ€™re stupid and clumsy.
- If she knows that youâ€™re seeing other women, thereâ€™s a good chance you wonâ€™t end up with a fork in your eye when she runs into you while you are on a date.
* The first real fight Rick and I had over this book occurred because of his flat out insistence that I include the following paragraph at the end of this chapter. Read it and you’ll see why I was adamantly against it:
You should remember to let her do most of the talking, because:
- Being too open can get you into more trouble then being â€œmysteriousâ€
- Not telling the whole truth is not a lie
- Anything before â€œI Love Youâ€ doesnâ€™t count
He was a classy bitch, huh?